Ptarmigan Arts, in conjunction with the Alaska World Arts Festival, invites the Homer community to submit your best photos of the Homer area for our September show “Take Your Best Shot” and a chance to win prizes. Please view the full Call for Submissions here.
- Entrants may submit up to three photos in either the Adult or Youth categories, and Ptarmigan Arts agrees to accept at least one for the show, space permitting. Entrants in the Youth category must be 15 or younger.
- Unsuitable content, as determined by Ptarmigan Arts, will not be accepted.
- Photography must be ready to hang. Photos must be framed or mounted on acrylic, canvas or metal. Please, no unframed paper prints. See below for a list of printers who are affordable, produce quality photos, and ship relatively quickly.
- There is no size requirement.
- Entrants are required to sign an agreement with Ptarmigan Arts when photos are submitted. They will be available at the front desk and must include the titles of your photos, prices, and your name and contact information. Parent or guardian must sign for minors. View and download the Exhibit Agreement here
- Place a removable sticker on the back of your photo with your name, the title of your photo, and price.
- Submissions must be delivered to Ptarmigan Arts (471 E Pioneer Ave) by 6:00 p.m. Sunday, September 1 and picked up between Sunday, September 29 and Tuesday, October 1 by 5 p.m.
- All entries must be for sale. Any sold photos must remain in the show until September 29.
- Ptarmigan Arts will receive 40% of any sale.
- Prizes will be determined by People’s Choice. Anyone can vote, one entry per day.
- Prizes: a $50 gift certificate from Ptarmigan Arts for the Adult category and a $50 gift certificate from Homer Book Store for the Youth category. Both categories include all the glory we can muster. Members of Ptarmigan Arts and their family members will be allowed to enter the show but are not eligible for prizes.
- Winners will be announced September 19, the last day of the Alaska World Arts Festival.
Ulmers, Homer Art and Frame, and Redfish Framing in Homer offer affordable do-it-yourself framing kits or standard-size frames.